white straight ciswoman mid-20s-ish. surrounded by telly. likes words,
I have a hole punch, let's not get big-headed now.
keppps << shallitellyouastory
I was a slow learner but a stubborn one. It took me days to learn that there was nothing monstrous about this woman who had lived alone in a castle, setting all her suitors riddles they could make no sense of, refusing to do the things queens are supposed to do, until the day when, knowing no one who could see her true face, she made a mask and from then on showed her face to no one. It took me weeks to understand why the faceless mask and the name of a beast might be chosen over all the great world had to offer. After months of looking, I saw that beauty was infinitely various, and found it behind her white face.
I struggled to guess these riddles and make sense of our story, and before I knew it summer was come again, and the red roses just opening.
And as the years flowed by, some villagers told travellers of a beast and a beauty who lived in the castle and could be seen walking on the battlements, and others told of two beauties, and others, of two beasts.
The Tale of the Rose from Kissing the Witch
- Emma Donoghue
tagged as: passages. words. perspective. emma donoghue. kissing the witch. beauty and the beast.
- gwranda likes this
- lordansketil likes this
- silentmermaids reblogged this from keppps
- vergessen---traum reblogged this from theginnytohisharry
- littlesecretswe-adore likes this
- vampirinaballerina likes this
- theginnytohisharry reblogged this from keppps
- filmheroine likes this
- extranarosa likes this
- marypsue likes this
- emptybees reblogged this from strangersinastrangeland
- worlds-end-gf likes this
- eve-of-ill-repute reblogged this from strangersinastrangeland
- strangersinastrangeland reblogged this from keppps
- nerdyninjanicole likes this
- buttbones likes this
- christinedaae likes this
- whoistorule likes this
- guest008 likes this
- nickthejam likes this
- keppps posted this