white straight ciswoman mid-20s-ish. surrounded by telly. likes words,
I have a hole punch, let's not get big-headed now.
keppps << shallitellyouastory
top 5 fandoms you’ll see (rn):
- My Mad Fat Diary
- Avatar: the Last Airbender
- The Hour
- Doctor Who
top 2 celebrities you’ll see:
- Angel Coulby
- Lucy Liutop 3 other topics you’ll see:
do I make graphics?
my ask box is: open to yoouuuuu
seriously still thinking about Relic Hunter
am I alone in this?
did your childhood/adolescence not include Tia Carrere rapelling down chasms to find treasure?
foiling bad guys
weilding guns and knives and shovels and dust brushes
running a department
going on adventures
being really super clever
and a smart ass
and ridiculously competent and capable
like seriously if not then you missed out and you should rectify that
also really hot did i mention that
oh man relic hunter
brb finding downloads
Favourite saved url: If it weren’t for longjackets’s explanation, I’d have no idea what this question was asking me.
The next movie you’re planning to watch: I think I might watch Tomorrow Never Dies coz I’ve had it here since about 3 months ago when @theopensea and I were talking about how Michelle Yeoh is basically the best thing that happened to the Bond franchise (second best thing, a long way off, Pierce Brosnan) and how Daniel Craig could never, and that was 3 months ago so I feel overdue.
The last movie you watched: Silver Linings Playbook. Really good. One of the few times I could deal with Bradley Cooper, enjoyed Jennifer Lawrence, surprise Chris Tucker. Have not read the book although I hear that changes minds re: the film. So if you’re fresh to the concept, I’d recommend it! If you’ve read the book, I’d think about it!
The book you’re currently reading: Err……….(this means about 4 things, none of which are super holding my attention oops)
Favourite female fictional character: meep! Gwen, Ellie Satler, Hunter, Daisy Day, Lix Storm, Katara, Kate Beckett, Joan Watson, Yvaine, Sarah Harding, Kaylee Frye, Deryn Sharp, Mulan, Toph, Donna Noble, Teyla Emmagan, Beauty, sometimes the Beast, Eowyn, Princess Leia, Rae Earl, Leslie Knope, Minerva McGonagall, Lin Beifong, Suki, Eddis, Attolia, Sydney Fox - oh man, now distracted by memories of how formative Relic Hunter was.
Favourite male fictional character: Robin Hood (from Disney’s RH), Dean Winchester, Fat Charlie Nancy, Eugenides, Marquis de Carabas, Merlin (I know.), Lancelot, Ben Wyatt, Aang, Sokka, Tenzin, Simon Tam, Ian Malcolm, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Harry Potter, Sirius Black, Albus Dumbledore, Aladdin, ….
The number of songs on your iPod: 288! + podcasts! Because of computer murder by juice :(
That one song that’s been stuck in your head all week: Misty Mountain Song from The Hobbit
The fictional character you identify with most: Ron Weasley probably.
- Do you usually sleep with your closet door open or closed? open! but it’s like a … wardrobe rather than a closet so … but sadly not a cool narnia wardrobe don’t get any ideas
- Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotels? free stuff. obvi.
- Where is your next vacation? vancouver! yay! and then hopefully Turkey in the new year :DDDD
- Do you have a calendar in your room? my phone & google calendar serve that purpose
- What’s your plan for the day? i am currently farting around the office. i intend to do this until 6pm at which point i’ll join a certain tumblrer for drinks/dinner/belly chuckles/the borrowing of books before i fly back to the motherland
- Are you reading any books right now? Yar. Huntress, but I think I might abandon it? It’s not gripping and that makes me sad. Then one of: The Book Thief, The Night Watch or Cloud Atlas.
- Do you ever count your steps when you walk? Nope
- Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing? Yep, I don’t need music coz i have rhythm (no comments from the peanut gallery thx)
- Do you chew your pens and pencils? Can’t say that I do
- What is your “Song of the Week”? Don’t really have one… But I’m still feeling Die Young by Kesha..?
- Is it okay for guys to wear pink? duh
- Do you still watch cartoons? no :(
- What do you drink with dinner? usually soda
- What do you dip Chicken Nuggets in? sweet and sour sauce
- What is your favorite food/cuisine? Malaysian is DELICIOUS and i miss eating it a lot a lot. Kari House in Steveston I am going to inhale your entire menu in like 4 days. Also italian is great.
- What movies could you watch over and over and still love? Jurassic Park, Star Trek XI, Love Actually, The Holiday, Tangled…
- When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper? hmmm I’ve folded paper cranes for several colleagues, does that count?
- Can you change the oil on a car? Indeed I can!
- Best thing to eat for breakfast? cheese toastie with baked beans and grilled tomato NOM NOM NOM.
- What is your usual bedtime? between 10 and 12.
- Are you lazy? yar
- Afraid of heights? sometimes? Not always though. It’s awkward.
- Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid? Shark diver, paleontologist, veterinarian, fantasy &/or sci-fi heroine.
- Hot tea or cold tea: more partial to hot, but will drink both!
- Tea or coffee? ack, IMPOSSIBLE QUESTION (but probably coffee)
- Favorite kind of cookie? Lemon curd :]
- Can you swim well? yessssss i miss doing it regularly.
- Can you hold your breath w/o manually holding your nose? hahahaha what? yeah ofc.
- Who do you want to see right now? oOoOoOoOoOoOOOooooo probs my parents! (THREE DAYS)
YAY WHAT A GOOD.
1. Guinevere, Gwen, my heart song & forever girl. I will concede that I think my love for her is much more to do with all that she could have been, than all that she has ended up being. But that’s fine, because the Gwen in my head is like as incredible as Angel Coulby deserves her to be 24/7 not in drips and drabs between queerbaiting-bullying scenes. Not that I have any residual bitter Merlin feels or anything.
2. Katara, my other forever girl who is like really near heart song status only not quite. With Katara I don’t need any headcanon or alt-verse things for her to reach her potential. Or at least: no more than that which is needed due to the restrictions of a narrative. If that makes any sense.
3. Daisy Day from Anansi Boys or Hunter from Neverwhere. … I realise these are two vastly different characters but I really love them both a lot. A lot a lot a lot. Always kinda disappoint that Daisy didn’t quite get a proper ending? Like she has all these great passages about how her song is EVILDOERS BEWARE and she’s this amazing cop who is a really freaking great at her job but then she gets married to Fat Charlie and lives in a beachhouse and has a kid and apparently that’s it? (Disclaim: all these things taken in and of themselves are perfectly amazing; it didn’t seem to be where Daisy’s character was heading and also it was all conveyed in a sentence which went something like “Charlie woke up, kissed Daisy’s naked shoulder and then took their son to the beach” SEE WHY I’M DISAPPOINT. Everyone else, even Rosie’s nightmare of a mother, even flipping Grahame Coates, got a decent amount of the narrative dedicated to their ~future/conclusion/whatever. Daisy gets barely a SENTENCE.)
BUT YEAH. ANYWAY. Hunter. HUNTERRRRR my love, my light. Basically Hunter has a special place in my heart just because she was one of the first characters I read that didn’t fit a specific or anticipated mould, like, at all. In fact, she took the mould - she took every mould - and blew them to smithereens with basically one look. Possibly also a nudge with her staff and/or toe. She broke through all expectations (most of the characters in Neverwhere did, as did the narrative, in fairness) and was complex and fascinating and the bravest person that ever lived in London Below let’s get that straight right now. And I love her 5ever.
4. Princess Leia. … Do I even need to go into reasons?
5. Dr Ellie Sattler/Dr Sarah Harding/Lex Murphy/Kelly Curtis. Because they are a big fucking reason anyone got off those islands alive and also all of them (with the exception of Lex, bless her reclusive hacker soul) totally opted to go to the islands of their own volition for scientific and/or omg-Sarah-Harding-is-the-greatest reasons. Which are all really great reasons actually to be honest and omg anyone who talks Jurassic Park down can come to my house for some tea so I can set them straight because they’re wrong.
- Name: Kelly
- Age: 25
- Height: 5’6”ish~~~
- Relationship status: currently working on a certain somebody (does that jinx things……………)
- Birthday: 12th June (26th Sept if you’re a certain person ahem)
- Favorite color: Blue!
- Favorite singer/band: Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Florence + the Machine
- Last song listened:Hey Jude by the Beatles
- Favorite movie: Jurassic Park (yeah yeah, sing the theme song at me, as if I haven’t heard that before :P), The Fall, Shaun of the Dead…
- Last movie watched: Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, aw yeah.
- Favorite book: *g* probably Stardust or Neverwhere, lbr.
- Last book read: Kissing the Witch
- # of siblings: nein
- # of pets: None :( (i want a kitty)
- Best school subject: English & Business Communications yaaaay
- Current shirt color: cream/black ugh - red cardie though!
- Gamer? i miss ps3 tiemz with @amou ;(
- Day or night? Night
- Summer or winter? Autumn/Spring
- Most-visited website? probs gmail
- Celebrity crushes: Angel Coulby, Thandie Newton, Lucy Liu, Karl Urban, Oded Fehr, Stana Katic, Clare Balding, Colin Salmon, Colin Morgan.